Saturday, October 08, 2005

The new site is coming

I've been hard at work building the new site. I've been frying my brain making the new site work. My brain has been doing things the last couple weeks that it has never done before. While I have had my share of problems, I got through them. The site right now is looking good, and working fine.

As far as the launch of the site, I am hoping to get it to you guys sometime next week...not this coming week. I really think you guys will enjoy the new home! As far as I am concerned, it is light years beyond this blog. I mean, the style and layout keep the basic blog look from this site...but it is just so much cleaner. A very neat, nice, and easy to navigate site.

I would like to have at least 5 days before the launch of the site to let you guys know it is coming. I won't announce the domain until the first day that the site is open. Once the site is open, this blog site will not be updated anymore. The only purpose this blog will serve is for uploading our podcasts to Itunes. You will be able to get the new podcasts on the new site, and you the viewers will have no need for this blog anymore. I am just keeping the blog up for podcast streaming because it is easier that way.

Lastly, and most important, I want to hear from you guys. I want you to leave comments on this story and let me know what you think would be great features for the new site. Any new ideas or thoughts for the new site that aren't already in place on our current blog. Leave comments please, or email me...just make sure that if you have an idea that you get in touch. All ideas will be considered...and if they make sense for our site and are plausible, then they may appear on the new site. I know you guys have great ideas, now its your job to get them to me!

P.S. When we do make the switch to our new domain, I hope each and every one of you readers makes the jump with us. You guys are SO important to us. We have collected a great fanbase from this blog, and we want you to stay with us when we make the switch. Without you guys, we are nothing! You are such a great group of people, I enjoy hearing from all of you. No matter who you are, if you don't follow us to the new site, your impact will be felt. I hope we will have the pleasure of keeping you updated on Nintendo news on our new site, just as we do here.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Kevin, i hope it all goes without hiccups, the main reason why people like your blog is the frequency with which you update, i hope the new site wont distract you from what all the fans want, and thats just plain and simple up to the minute news, you have provided great content in your blog with consistant news everyday of the week, while all the other sites seem to shut down at weekends.
nice one & best of luck
sizcoz

1:50 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone fancy writing a couple of reviews for my site www.nintendoinfo.com
email me on staff@nintendoinfo.com

2:31 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

or Keeping this blog with a link that people can click to locate the new site.

3:33 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!

I'll be pimping your new domain all over gaming forums >_>

3:53 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I didn't expect it to be finished so soon! I can't wait!

4:23 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Jason said...

Saturday is why.

8:42 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've got a few ideas for the site. maybe you guys could do reviews of the games that you're playing at the time, and maybe put up a list of the new games that are coming out that week.

can't wait to see the new site ^-^

11:04 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've got a really good thing going right now. Don't change a thing. As a fan who visits this site on a daily basis, its the constant updates, Nintendo centric focus, and friendly atmosphere that keep me coming back. Perhaps in the future you'll be able to bring more exclusive content, but that'll come in its own time. Right now, just keep doin' what you're doin'.

1:31 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger cort said...

i like the idea of your own site, especially with your own domain (instead of the commonplace *.blogspot.com addresses). a dedicated site will also help differentiate from the widely used and available blogger templates. don't get me wrong, it's a nice look, but so many other sites use it, so a new and unique identity will be a good thing.

the one idea i have to suggest, as a professional web designer, is a simple, easy to follow interface. of course the interface is something that should be figured out and designed at the very beginning of the planning stages, so if you haven't already put that effort in, and you're anywhere else along the progress trail of completion, it would be hard to retrofit...

but, the good news is that you can still put some great thought into the organisation of different areas; how things are grouped into sections, etc. things should be logically grouped and accessible.

otherwise, what i would find useful are different pages which separate the various news points i usually see on the current site's updates: game reviews, new game announcements, rumours, other console info, general news, misc, etc.

anyway, just my two cents :)

6:41 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger cort said...

ps.. one other thing, is an RSS feed, so i can get brief headlines at a glance. very helpful!

6:43 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger RawmeatCowboy said...

Thanks everyone for your ideas! Keepem coming, its all really good stuff.

4:04 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter
Google