Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I think its time for a switch...

After being in New York this past weekend, my mind has been full of thoughts concerning the site. While waiting in line for Miyamoto, I saw other sites that provide game news, just like ours, get treated to special privileges. Any game site that was credited got to head upstairs, take photographs, and get interviews for their site. They are doing work just like we are here at the blog...but they have gotten themselves credited. I think its time for us to make that jump. While I have my technical limits, I am sure that with the help of you guys, and the internet as a whole, I will be able to get past this road blocks. I have been setting things up, both in my mind and physically, to make the jump to becoming a real site. I want to be able to bring you guys great exclusives...such as interviews and pictures...stuff like that. You guys have made a great community on this site, and you deserve to get the best features possible. I know making the jump to a real site is going to cause me MANY a headache...but they will all be worth it when the final product comes about. I can only build the site and provide the news, I need you guys to make it great. First thing's first, we need a real domain. I am making a thread on the messageboards called Domain Name Ideas, and I need you guys to go over there and start posting. Just make sure that any domain name you come up with isn't already taken. Once the staff here has sifted through the domains you guys have come up with, we will announce the winner, and then take things from there. This is the first step down a very long road...but a road that is well worth taking a trip down. We can only hope that you stay with us every step of the way. Big things will be happening in the next few months...all because of you guys.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mate, good on ya. go for it.. i will be here to support you... refreshing my lil browser..

3:41 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do not discuss you domain name ideas in public, someone will just hold it for randsom.

RE

4:41 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only just discovered this blog recently, but I've been coming back to check it out ever since then. I think making this place into it's own website is a great idea, so best of luck with that. Can't wait.

6:23 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger RawmeatCowboy said...

Well I am glad to see a new fan, and thanks for the kind words! As far as discussing the names publicly, I am going on the honor system here. I am hoping that no one that reads and visits the site would pull a move like that. I trust our fanbase...but thx for the heads up anyway!

9:04 PM, September 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the perfect name...but its gonna cost you: $2.43 and a bag of cheetos, crunchy not puffy. thats my final offer.
-lube

7:30 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter
Google